It’s been a great start for the Pressitt Social Media News Release (SMNR) creation and publishing tool, and so we’re keen to showcase what this early Beta version of Pressitt can currently do.
The homepage is split into two halves:
Top half of homepage
* Introduction to Pressitt
* Eight RSS-enabled key categories, which all SMNRs will get filed into by date after being released
* All latest SMNRs available via RSS feed subscription
* Pressitt Twitter account feed
Bottom half of homepage configuration
* 10 most recent SMNR releases will be highlighted with by their logo and overview, giving them homepage exposure.
* The most rcent SMNR will secure the highlighted number one spot until the next SMNR is published, and it will then slip down the homepage until it is no longer in the top 10 releases on the homepage.
* Latest news from the Pressitt blog
Final published SMNR
The individual components, from top to bottom.
* Company logo: (attached to the boilerplate that sits at the bottom of the release)
* Overview of release: a brief introduction into what the release is about
* Core Facts: individual section displaying each key point about the product/news (you can have as many core facts as you like but we suggest 1-5)
* Contacts: used for enquires or to set up interviews/demonstrations. Each contact is also able to include their own social profiles (Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook). Users can add as many contacts as needed.
* Videos: users just copy and paste the video URL into the specified video box and Pressitt does the rest. This functionality currently only supports YouTube, but more will follow (you can have as many videos as you like)
* Images: Pressitt allows you to upload up to eight hi-res or low-res images. Pressitt shrinks the images on the actual press release. The end user can download the final original size image.
Pressitt supports, jpeg, gif, tif, bmp, png and a maximum file size of 4MB can be uploaded for each image.
Uses for images could be: company logos, profile pictures, pictures of products, people quoted within the release, or anything else related to your release
* Other file uploads: Pressitt also gives you the option to attach supporting documents to the SMNR. These could be a PDF brochure of other products, an Excel spreadsheet of timings, or a Word document of supporting evidence
* All documents are downloadable from the release and highlighted via text and file extension symbols
File supported are: .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .pdf and a maximum file size of 8MB per document.
(Upload up to 4 documents to support your release)
* Quotes: Pressitt allows you to add quotes from industry experts, company figureheads, developers, or anyone with authority linked to the story
* Related links: Pressitt allows you to add any number of related links to the story, to enhance the release. You add the link and descriptive text and we add a thumbnail of the links for added visual appeal
* Previous releases: Pressitt gives you the opportunity to easily add your related existing Pressitt releases to your current release
* Social bookmarking: Pressitt has all the social sharing and bookmarking features you would expect
Other features of the final Pressitt release
* Print now feature: hit the logo to receive a printed version of Pressitt
* Commenting: Only registered Pressitt users can comment on blog
* RSS feeds to your company’s Pressitt SMNRs
Other Pressitt Features
* All SMNRs are searchable from the homepage
* The releases stay on Pressitt for good
Editing help guidance
* When writing your SMNR, informative help sections are available above each section to guide and steer you
Your profile section
Once signed in each user has his/her own profile page - This page consists of:
* Create a new press release
* View, edit and delete releases
* Mange you identities/boilerplate: if you are an agency with multiple clients you can upload and write as many client identities as you like. Upload a client logo and then write the boilerplate to go with the logo and one identity is complete
I hope this gives you a flavour of what Pressitt can do, and we will keep you updated on the full open Beta launch plans and other extra enhancements coming soon. We really want to make Pressitt the best it possibly can be, so the more ideas and feedback we receive the better the final product will be, we want to take a collaborative approach with Pressitt.
— Andy Merchant @andymerch