1. Known for her mantra “Get Body Beautiful,” Riggs founded Body Beautiful in 1998. Body Beautiful is a minority and women-owned company helping women of color achieve better health through lifestyle, nutrition and fitness.
2. Riggs has been a certified personal trainer for 15 years with a sports performance background as a collegiate track and field competitor.
3. Body Beautiful develops health and wellness campaigns for community and corporate groups. In 2009, Riggs launched the “Get Body Beautiful” campaign—Georgia’s largest African-American women’s fitness program with more than 20 corporate and community partners. The yearlong series attracted more than 15,000 African-American women to surrounding fitness events.
4. Riggs is a dynamic and sought-after spokesperson and public speaker delivering the empowering “Get Body Beautiful” health & wellness message to corporations, faith-based organizations and community groups.
5. Riggs is a dynamic TV/celebrity trainer who has appeared on NBC’s “Atlanta’s Biggest Loser” for three seasons and became 2009’s winning trainer. She has also appeared on various radio and TV networks, and had the pleasure to train musical sensations such as Chrisette Michele and Jennifer Holliday.
6. Riggs developed the GET LEAN nutrition products in 1998 to help women with weight loss. The GET LEAN products are 100 percent natural and increase energy, curb appetite and boost the body’s ability to burn fat.
“With the help of PZI Jeans and our sponsor, Aetna, we were able to treat our clients to a day of looking and feeling good,” said Andrea Riggs, founder of Body Beautiful. “We enjoyed hanging out with our wonderful clients for the day as we wrap up 2010.”
Andrea Riggs, founder
“Our 2011 Get Body Beautiful team represents the diversity of females in the African-American community. We now have a core group representing strength training, dance fitness and yoga.”
Beth Feagins, Body Beautiful’s director of operations
“This event is another step toward Body Beautiful’s success. This organization does a great job of helping the African-American community become aware of its own health disparities.”
Laurel Levy, Aetna representing sponsor
Body Beautiful specializes in custom fitness programs to achieve body toning and weight loss. Body Beautiful combines strength and cardio; nutrition tracking; and lifestyle management. The programs also include an array of Swedish, sports and deep tissue massage services for relaxation and body tone. www.getbodybeautiful.com